From midnight on Thursday 26/03/2020 until midnight on Thursday 30/04/2020, all South Africans, except for those in the exempted categories, will have to stay at home. Jan Ellis Attorneys will however continue to assist clients in a helpful and professional manner.
The following arrangements will be followed until further notice:
1. Our office hours remain the same until 26/03/2020.
2. Our office will be closed from 27/03/2020 until 30/04/2020, BUT our lawyers will be available on their email and cellphone during the day between 08:00 – 16:30.
3. In line with our 24/7 availability policy our lawyers will be on standby during the lockdown period AFTER HOURS to attend to urgent matters, such as bail applications, etc.
4. During COURT HOURS we will attend to urgent matters, i.e., bail applications and postponements in terms of the directives. Unfortunately most of the court matters may only be remanded.
5. As a SPECIAL SERVICE to our clients Jan Ellis Attorneys offer a free first telephonic consultation per client in any NEW matters between 08:00 – 16:30 (TIME LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY) during the lockdown-period. After the first free telephonic consultation, our normal rates will apply if our assistance is further required.
Keep well, safe and Healthy!